Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mommy Idol




Last night I was lying down on the bottom bunk in Jaycee's room. We tend to play musical beds in our home, and on this particular evening Luke was going to sleep in Jaycee's room. As I was waiting for him to get in his PJs and choose a story to read I took a good look around Jaycee's room. It is a cute room with lime green walls and a hot pink ceiling. The color scheme is composed of bright pastels and there are several items with sequins and feathers adding just the right eight-year-old-little-girl accent. Hanging on her walls are several posters of Hannah Montana. Tonight, however, I noticed that she has added to her wall decor. Along with Miss Cyrus she has also hung pictures of her favorite American Idols. Number one in Jaycee's heart is Brooke White, the darling blonde-haired gal from Arizona. She has several pictures of Brooke arranged in a collage with "I love you Brooke" scrawled across the bottom. Next to Brooke is Jaycee's number two pick David Archuleta. She has numerous pictures printed from the internet of my personal fave from AI. Though she adores David, she neglected to write anything about loving him. Although an amazing talent, he is still a boy, and we just don't love boys right now--ya know?
Right next to the pictures of her musical idols is a photo taken with our own camera and enlarged to an 8x10. It is a picture of me! Jaycee placed little heart stickers around my head and wrote "I love my mommy!" right on the picture! Talk about a little boost to my mom-esteem! I love it! Anytime one is put in the wall-adorning company of the biggest pop sensation in the world and the stars of the most watched TV show in the country that is a very good thing!

I guess this means that I should just ignore the comment Jaycee made earlier that day about me being the "meanest mom in the whole world" because I won't buy her pet chickens!

2 comments:

cami said...

Hey have fun helping her write her report on chickens! From what I know about them, they are VERY interesting!
But, I do have to say, she sure is sweet! I honestly don't know any mother whose child loves them as much as Jaycee loves you!

Lafonda said...

I just want to add my love to this amazing love story. I have so much love, as you and Jaycee obviously have for one another and for American Idol. I pretty much love this entire amazing world and I love it that I have so much love. Even though I do not know you well, my love for this family has grown amazing amounts. Just know that I love, love, love you all so much!!