Monday, April 14, 2008

Luke Loves Life!


Luke is a very happy little boy. He finds joy in the simplest things, and it takes little to elicit great enthusiasm for unexpected trips to the dollar store or McDonalds. Sure, he will often ask if we can go to Disneyland...tomorrow, but for the most part he is content with our routine--as long as we throw in a few of his "faves" along the way. Things such as filling up the bathtub really high and playing with his "guys," boats and torpedoes. Or a game with me. He loves to sit down on the floor and play the Memory Game, Connect Four, or his very favorite, Life. That's right, my five year old LOVES the game of Life. He always chooses to go to college, never misses a payday, his home purchases are modest and he very rarely goes into debt. Somehow he usually manages to end up with more money than I do in the end! They say there are many things we can learn from our children--I guess we never know what sort of lessons they will offer.

I wish I could be as content and pleased as my little boy! Although I may not love life as Luke does, I sure do love my Luke! I love the way he talks and the expressions he makes. I love that his favorite words are awesome (as in "that's so awwwwwesome!") and suck. (I will admit to a double standard here...when my girls say suck I tsk tsk, when Luke says it I snicker every time!) I love Luke's vast imagination, and the random statements he makes ("Mom, did you know the statue of liberty is taller than every building in the world?") I love how he loves his sisters his friends and his cousins. I especially love how he loves his dad...

Luke says he wants to be a lawyer when he grows up, but only, he says, if lawyers can live at home with their moms--that, right there, is what I love the most.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

i love my luke too. although yours sounds nicer.

cami said...

I think it is so funny that he loves the game of life! That is a long game! Kuddos to you for playing it with him!