Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cindy has added you as a friend on Facebook.

Don't be surprised if this little ditty shows up in your inbox sometime in the near future. It seems that everyone I know and have ever known is getting a little facebook love from yours truly.

My obsessive nature has grabbed hold of this pop culture internet phenomenon and turned it into my own personal quest to contact as many people as I possibly can during waking hours (which seem to be stretching well into the a.m. these days!).

I am absolutely, overwhelmingly, exhaustively, frustratingly busy right now...

I am leaving town this weekend and have cleaning, packing, rearranging and scheduling to do.

I am hosting the biggest party of my entire life in just over a week and I have decorating, shopping, phone calling and some serious organizing to do.

Christmas is a mere fifteen days away and I have yet to wrap up my wrapping (or shopping for that matter).

Luke just changed his ENTIRE Christmas list which means that I now have loads of exchanging, brainstorming and reevaluating to do.

But...I found Kim! My best friend from eighth/ninth grade through this miraculous networking site--that I resisted for so long--but have now embraced--and she left the sweetest note...on my WALL...it's been over twenty years since we have talked...

And then there's Jeff...one of my closest friends from elementary/middle school. We have not seen one another or spoken since half way through high school and are now communicating via facebook messaging! He has two daughters and lives in Sandy! It's incredible!

I haven't had time to work out the particulars of the system, or to know how in the world to respond to "Jo Blow has sent you a snowball..." For now I am steadfast and focused on scouring and scrutinizing endless lists of friends, hoping to spot a familiar face or a name from the past.

Christmas, Shristmas...I'll get to it...eventually. Right after I confirm the request I just received to be someone's friend!

Shopping for Legos and dusting the family room never brings this kind of self satisfaction!

6 comments:

Jana said...

I am laughing! Fb is a dirty secret of mine. Too funny! Watch out you will get sucked in!!:) It really is the coolest thing ever! But don't tell anyone I said that! Have fun. I am addind you now. Jill is on to.

Us Craven's said...

Cindy you are so funny! I love ya! Thanks for supporting my blog and making feel like someone actually cares about me! You are such the popular girl!

The Wiseman's said...

I just joined face book too!! It is addicting!

jana said...

Oh the peer pressure!!!!! I may just join.

Angelle said...

Cindy I'm glad I got your Facebook message too! :) Hope all is well with you guys.

http://marakeshbiznaretfamilia.blogspot.com/

Trish said...

Blog, facebook.... friends on so many levels. We'll just keep reconnecting online.