Sunday, December 28, 2008

I love Christmas


I love that Christmas is not merely a day, it is an entire season wrapped in the sights of glowing bulbs atop sloping rooftops and boughs of evergreen laden with baubles and bells, berries and bows, the sounds of hurried shoppers grasping for lists in deep pockets of down filled coats and familiar carols with words that remind all of Christmases past and all its glorious magic and wonder, the smells of sugar cookies cooling on frosted platters accented by bite-sized morsels of nut-filled fudge, and hot cocoa steaming in Santa mugs topped with whipped cream and marshmallows just waiting for chilly little ones to burst through the door with red cheeks, tingling ears, hands and toes.



I love the focus on giving. Good people bestowing goodness on those less fortunate...and the many subtle reminders of the Savior in poignant nativity scenes and touching stories illustrating His supreme love and sacrifice.





I love the excitement and anticipation of the season, squeals of delight as long wished for trinkets are discovered beneath brightly colored paper and silvery bows.



I love time spent with family and friends, long evenings and late nights, no schedule to keep, just fun to be had.

I love pictures with Santa, getting gussied for holiday parties, shopping for hard-to-find gifts, and watching Rudolph on TV. I love my kindness tree (filled with hearts a full week before Christmas this year), four advent calendars that mark each day of December with a treat or a puffy little velcro backed toy, and my new pre-lit (costco) garland that dangles from my banister in all its red and gold glory adding the the perfect festive touch to my holiday haven.

Most of all...I love that I get to do it all again...next year

7 comments:

cami said...

Ditto

Us Craven's said...

Cindy- You are a pretty awesome lady! You looked beautiful last night and I loved seeing you! You are such a great mom, nurse, wife and lady! You are someone that I am glad that I know!

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing time at your house! I've already bought a few gifts for next Christmas!!

jessica said...

You are so good with words! I love Christmas, and I'm so sad that it is over. Im glad that you had a good Christmas. Keep in touch!

Brooke said...

jaycee holding her baby is too sweet. i love that.

Durrant said...

Hey this is Crystal Durrant, I saw your blog on Missy's and had to look! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! PS- you are an incredible decorator... please come and help me, seriously:)

The Wiseman's said...

I love it too! I miss it already, not the crazy shopping part but everything else!! Hope you had a great christmas!