Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's a vampire's favorite candy?

...SUCKERS!!!
(compliments of Jaycee)

What's a vampire's favorite snack?
...PEOPLE!!!
(compliments of Luke)

It's been all Halloween all the time around here as we prep for the SPOOKIEST day of the year!

Our family Halloween party on Sunday was packed with creative costumin', classic chili (served with a side of Fazoli's) eatin', game playin', picture takin', Braxton gazin', Treyson cuddlin', and orange frosted sugar cookie inhalin'!



The Oborns minus Ashton (darn strep throat) and Thom (he was going to be dressed as a bee keeper...cute!)



The Hallings...
bringing a little Christmas cheer to an eerie Halloween celebration!



Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus...nice to meecha! Plus...our beautiful girls who wanted to be..."hot guys!"


We have a nifty little "pumpkin patch" right around the corner from our house. There are loads of pumpkins to choose from right out of a convenient tawny-tinted(cardboard) bin!



Our ideal jack-o-lanterns-to-be were carved in a jiff thanks to Scott's ingenious idea and dexterity with a jig saw!




Jaycee was the only "Pebbles" at her Halloween parade this year! The pink wig and matching lipstick made her the envy of the fourth grade!

Luke hates his Batman costume ("it BUGS me!") (He REFUSES to wear the mask!) and is looking ahead to next year when he plans to dress as a "scary football player."



Trick or treating here we come...I am bracing myself for the onslaught of Reeses and Kit Kats!

Have a SPOOKTACULAR holiday!

13 comments:

The Wiseman's said...

You guys are so dang cute! I can't believe you got your husband to dress up especially wearing the mullet!!

Brooke said...

i love that you bought your pumpkins at that fancy pumpkin patch too.

(great minds think alike, right? and at $2 a pop?! i'm waiting till the last minute every year.)

Jana said...

Love the mullet!!!! Your family looked mighty fine in all their costumes. There is just way too much candy around Halloween!!!! I need another detox!

erikabunn said...

Everyone looks so great! I'm bummed we missed it! Happy Halloween! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I went off sugar 4 days ago. Tonights candy fest will be the true test to my commentment!

Trish said...

So cute and festive. Love the costumes.

penny said...

That little pink wig came trick or treating to my house tonight. Sooooo cute! I already have an upset stomach from the kit kats and twix bars.

Jana said...

Your girls make me laugh! They do make cute guys! Hey...there is nothing wrong with buying your pumpkins out of a box.

Mendon Packs said...

Fun pics!

jessica said...

Oh my gosh! I love all of the costumes! Scott looks awesome!!! Where in the heck are pictures of zach and your parents???
Love you!

Jana said...

Hey, I changed my blog address. trentandjanasmadhouse.blogspot

Jana said...

Ya, I forgot. I made my blog private. So email me your email and I will send you an invite.

janawilliams@q.com

cami said...

K so I am way late to comment on this subject! Sorry! Glad you all had a great Halloween! Um, next year you need to come to a real pumpkin patch with Chris and me cause your kids are way deprived! SAD!