Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SYTYCD=best...night...ever



Joshua+Twitch+Katee+Kherington+Will+Bollywood+No Air+Bleeding Love+The Garden+Mercy (aka Door Dance)+Tabitha and Napoleon+Mia+Nigel=the most supreme form of entertainment on television surpassed only by the ultimate experience of seeing the top ten dancers live!

So You Think You Can Dance (absolute favorite show...transcended only by American Idol) finally came to Utah on tour, and we were there to welcome the most versatile and astoundingly talented hip hop, ballroom, contemporary and jazz dancers in America!

Joined by our fellow SYTYCD-obsessed friends, Lexi and I were on our feet, screaming for our favorites from the first chill-inducing moments of Cat Deeley's charmingly accented voice booming from the loudspeakers introducing each dancer, to the final group number performed flawlessly with the boundless energy and enthusiasm that made this one of the greatest concerts I have ever experienced.

After the show we shot out of the E-Center in true expert-fan fashion and secured a spot at the rear entrance where we were hoping the dancers would make an appearance for autographs and pictures. Just after midnight the first of the thirteen dancers sauntered out to the anxiously waiting crowd. Over the next hour or so we were able to talk with each of the performers. There is just nothing quite like actually meeting these iconic dancers that we followed each week throughout the summer months, hurrahing their unbelievable talent and dancing styles. They were funny and unassuming, affable and appreciative. They seemed as thrilled to meet us as we were to meet them!



Best part=hangin' out with my girl! (Fourteen and she still likes to do stuff with her mom!)







10 comments:

The Wiseman's said...

Cindy you are such a hip mom! I love reading all the things you do!

Jana said...

I am saying the same thing. You are a awesome and fun mom! I hope your kids know how lucky they are that you are able to do such fun things with them.

penny said...

Cindy you look so fabulous....very thin , very photogenic, very hip.

Trish said...

R U kidding me?!? I can't believe I wasn't there with you. That looks so fun. You truly are the best mom EVER! I want to be just like you.

Anonymous said...

I want to be in your family!!!!

cami said...

K so that was the best night of the summer!(4 real!) Why are all of the pics with you in it small? Uh, not cool! It is so funny cause Kherrington and Comfort look the exact same in your pics as they do in my pics. Same smile same pose everything! So fun! You are a much better mom than me! I just go home and tell my kids about how much fun I had! Sad! I need to be more like you!

Jana said...

You Rock!!!! What a fun night. SYTYCD is the best.

Unknown said...

How Fun!!! It looks like you guys had quite the night! Darling pics! You look beautiful and VERY young!

Amanda said...

Cami was right, you are an amazing writer! I had so much fun with all of you, thanks for including me in on the fun!

The Luke Family said...

Hey Cindy, you have been tagged! Have fun!! :)