Thursday, July 7, 2011

A younger, prettier version of me...

In the wake of our tragic loss I wanted to re-visit a blog post I wrote about Cami three years ago. One blessing that has come to light for me personally since my sweet sister was lost just over a week ago is that I have no regrets about our relationship as sisters. Cami knew I loved her, admired her and respected her. I told her these things on a regular basis. I encourage all to love and appreciate their family members; sisters, brothers, parents, children...life is fragile and can change in an instant. I pray that Cami's light and legacy will forever shine and that her incredible example will live on to touch, teach and influence all who were blessed to know her. I love you, Cam.

People often say that my sister Cami and I have the same voice. We sound identical when we talk and especially when we laugh. I have noticed this phenomenon with other sisters, but it's hard to pick up on similarities when it involves yourself...


Four years ago Cami became a certified medical assistant. As a nurse myself I was thrilled to be joined in the health care field by my sister. She was interested in working in urgent care, so I inquired about a possible position for her with the company I work for. I spoke with the COO of our company about an employment opportunity, and his response was..."I would love to hire your sister--I welcome a younger, prettier version of you!" He had never even seen Cami...how did he know she was prettier than me?

I love working with Cami. She is smart, stable and responsible. She is my one and only source and sounding board for "office gossip." We have an unspoken rule of confidentiality and discuss everything from coworkers who have bizarre opinions and habits to doctors who wear scrub tops with their khakis. We adore (practically) every person we work with, but trust no one but each other...

Cami is the lone girl in her family as the proud mom of two cutie pie boys. Ashton, her oldest has been perfect since the day he was born. He is sweet and sensitive and absolutely charming. We thought Cam had met her match with her second son, Duston, but once he got through those tough toddler years he too seemed to show several obvious signs of perfection.
Cami is crazy in love with her husband who happens to be the strong, silent type. He is splendid at changing tires for his nutty sister in law, and is steadfast in his tolerance of wacky Bunnell sister antics.

Cam has had a few little trips and tumbles in her life, but all adversity that comes her way is confronted head on by her positive attitude and cheery smile... She laughs easily, though she can't scream worth a darn. Younger, prettier and much more AMAAAAAZING than I could ever hope to be...that's my sis!

10 comments:

cami said...

There you go again saying sweet things about me! I tell ya, you need to quit! ha ha ha! J/K! Well I hope no one from work is reading this post! They will sit and wonder if it is them that we think are kinda funny!
Thank you! You made me feel good!

cami said...

p.s. I am an excellent screamer! I don't know what you are talking about! Just ask Jessica, she has the exact scream as I do!

Jana said...

That is some good genes. I can see why the clinic wants you both. How fun is that to work with your sis?
You are both gorgeous!!!!!!

jessica said...

I just went in my basement and practiced my scream, it's not very loud, so I don't know what Cami is talking about. Okay, so I am very teary eyed right now because you are talking about my most favorite cousin Cami. No words can describe how much I love that girl. She has been through her fair share of problems and trials, and seriously never complains. She is so Christ like and such a peace maker. She is an amazing person and I love her so much! I can't believe how much you guys look and talk alike, and also your gestures are the same. You two are both beautiful, kind, and thoughtful. Thanks for coming tonight, it was so good to see you.
P.S. Jamie and Cindy both commented on how pretty you were tonight.

Mendon Packs said...

How fun to work with your sister! I bet you have so much fun together! Sisters are the best.

Jana said...

You are so sweet to talk about your sister like that. Mine are all crazy! Love them thought!! By the way, Beau eats bugs too! He eats anything.

Trish said...

Wow, those are some hot sisters! I bet the patients feel better just walking in the clinic. Sisters are the best. And so are you.

Us Craven's said...

Younger? Prettier? You look the SAME!!! Still so beautiful! I do not know anyone who has as bright as smile as my friend Cindy! You will always look MAAWWVELOUS! Now that I am in Sandy and currently unemployed we will have to get together!

Us Craven's said...

Cindy- I am so sorry that I wasn't able to make the funeral- Tiff said that it was so special and that you honored your cute sis so lovely- I am so sad- I love you very much! You are a great big sister and will always be! Please tell your Mom and Dad how sorry I am for their loss and that we all know what a wonderful family you are! Families are Forever!

J.E. said...

Thanks for sharing this on FB... I admit I actually read it years ago, while blog stalking. How awesome it is to have it to look back on. I especially love reading the comments from her. I can just hear her voice saying everything she did, in my head... Thanks again for sharing it Cindy.