Monday, January 17, 2011

Halloween, et al...and why I am not a scrapbooker

What has happened to me that blog posts are now summaries of events occurring over not a few days, or even weeks, but months?

I am busy.

Everyone is busy.

I'm just afraid my blogging is going by way of my scrapbooking about a decade ago...except for the fact that I despised scrapbooking, hated patterned scissors and sticky letters and sayings like "my children are my greatest treasures" (in a lovely loopy font) seemingly tucked into a partially propped treasure box.

In contrast, I have truly enjoyed blogging. It is an outlet to express, and an opportunity to capture and record a timeless history of this lovely, unique phase of my life when my kids are no longer in arms or even under foot, but still close by...challenging and charming all at the same time. Blogging is nearly effortless--what with technology allowing the events of our lives, at least those captured in digital form, to be tossed from one form of "gigabyte" to another.

Yet, I have been neglectful, too busy (or lazy) (or...what?) to keep a proper journal, to chronicle holidays, and Haiti and such.

As I continue to reflect on the why? I will attempt a bit of a "catch up," and hope that I can find time...desire...focus...to resume some regularity, if only for the sake of maintaining the meaning of my blog title...(sigh...)

September, 2010...Alta High Homecoming. Lexi and Nate--I think they're adorable...



My third trip to Haiti (September 2010)...enlightening and inspiring...www.myaidforhaiti.com






Happy Halloween,2010 (are we really only to the end of October? This is gonna be one long post!)






Moab in November (2010)--lovely and adventurous!



Tae Kwon Do (November 2010)--Jaycee and Luke






Luke's baptism (December 1, 2010)...my sweet handsome boy is growing up! It was a beautiful day!




The most wonderful time of the year! Merry Christmas (2010)!














Though a bit of time to scribble a few notes (technically tap a few keys), locate a stash of pictures (miraculously filed in order on my desktop) the end result is so gratifying. Knowing that September through December 2010 is forever (I hope!) preserved (brief as it may be)...gives me satisfaction without weariness and hope without overwhelmation (overwhelmation=SCRAPBOOKING).

I may just do it again.

Next month.

Gotta pace myself...

1 comment:

Ash said...

I love your blog and your cute pictures!! Love you:)