Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy (belated) 4th of July!

Last weekend we made our annual, (very highly anticipated) trek down to Scofield for the 4th of July weekend. Although we suffered a few mishaps and missteps we managed to pull together a spectacular weekend!
Highlights included:
--Grandpa Louis and Grandma Jo...youthful and sassy at 87 and 77 respectively, Grandpa and Grandma are an inspiration and a riot to be with. Grandpa was able to oversee a toilet repair without blinking an eye, and Grandma revealed all the latest fashion trends in Price this year. They are special and unique and I cherish every moment with them!
--wave runners...they sunk before our eyes as the menfolk realized they forgot to put the plugs in before setting them out to sea (I mean lake!)! As luck would have it there just happened to be a wave runner fixer (???? not sure the exact job title) also vacationing at Scofield, and he had them running again before we knew it!
--Zach and Erika...first time at Scofield as a couple. They are in LUUUUVVV! We think Erika is the best, and it is awesome to see my little brother so incredibly happy!
--Pleasant Valley Days parade...our annual tradition was a hit this year as we presented the Scofield Monster Expedition! Pictures below will show the boat decorated as if on the lake and filled with kids posing as expeditioners looking for the legendary "Scofield Monster." The monster was Lexi's idea and my undertaking. I take credit for making the ridiculous, (I mean really fun) monster because I don't ever make anything! I was rather proud of our parade entry and even though we didn't win a prize we were definitely a crowd favorite and the kids had a blast!
--Boating...out on the lake for hours, everyone taking their turn at tubing or wake boarding. The kids are never deterred by the chilling water as they fight about who gets to go next!
--Braxton...he is always a highlight of anything we do! He loved the boat, the tube and the sand!
--Baileys...the beautiful people! We love our gorgeous relatives, we just wish they would put on a few pounds so we wouldn't feel so gargantuan around them...
--Sitting around the fire at night...roasting marshmallows, inhaling gooey smores, and watching Scott let off illegal fireworks (I was so afraid he was going to get caught that I had my "I told you that was not a good idea..." speech all prepared). Luckily the Scofield police had more pressing matters to deal with and did not end our law breaking fun!
--Family...of course! We love to be together! We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we love each other like crazy!

THE PARADE!!!





BOATING FUN!!!








ROO, YOU ROCK!!!


5 comments:

Mendon Packs said...

Looks like fun!

The Luke Family said...

Looks like you all had a blast! :) I am so excited, I am going to Dallas on thursday! I will post all kinds of pictures when I get back! Love you guys!!

jessica said...

Oh, I love scofield! I have so many fun memories from there. It's awesome that your family has a place to go to that is not too far away. I'm so glad that your grandparents are doing good, they are neat people. Yes I agree with you, the Bailey's need to put on some pounds. They just look horrible that skinny! Ha ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

So fun. Wish i was invited!

Jana said...

Cindy, Your kids are so big. It makes me feel old, but then you look at me and probaby feel the same way. Has it been like 12 years? So very cute!