Monday, July 7, 2008

Bad Hair Day


My dog, Danny, is truly special.
He is almost like one of my kids with just a few exceptions...he is ALWAYS thrilled to see me (even if I've only been gone for twelve minutes), he never slams doors, and I have never once heard him say "FINE!"
He is the epitome of uncondional love, he is super loyal and very protective in his itty-bitty, yip-yappy way. He is playful and smart and has an affinity for little beams or reflections of light...

Danny is a handsome dog with fluffy white tufts of fur that feel like cotton balls.
My practically perfect pup does not shed, so he requires grooming once every four months or so.
Well...Scott decided one day that rather than take Danny to the (very capable, experienced) groomers, he would purchase some clippers and shave Danny himself (hmmmmm...).
The kids and I were at Lagoon one evening and by the time we arrived home...my Danny's downy coat had been whittled (by a well-meaning but slighty over-confident husband) to little more than a sparse covering of very fine fur over his now emphasized scrawny little frame!
My poor baby!

1 comment:

cami said...

Dear Danny,
Poor lil buggah! I'm sorry that your dad butchered your hair the way he did! Even though you look like a wet cat, we still love you!