Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vacation

I have a friend who has spent the past two weeks with her family in Thailand...another friend is in Africa for three weeks. I know two couples who have gone to New York this summer...

We finished off our basement this past winter/spring, therefore any plans of fancy vacations for us are buried beneath the flooring in the kitchen and between fibers in the carpet that covers the concrete floor.

Our vacation fund may have been spent on drywall and light fixtures, but we were still able to squeeze out a quick jaunt down south to St. George. Every year we take two trips to St. George--one over memorial weekend (aka hotel St. George) and a random week during the summer where we get to live in luxury at the England house (aka house St. George). House always trumps hotel... We swim, we bake in the sun, swim some more, we go to Pizza Factory, bake some more, throw in some golf, laser tag, more swimming, a movie, and an outdoor show at Tuacahn (this year we saw Sound of Music--it was superb!) Best part of house St. George, however, is the fact that our entire family (grandpa, grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins) all live for an entire week under the same roof! I truly believe that we could vacation down the street and love every minute of it as long as the whole fam came along!

He just might land in New York...



COUSINS COUSINS COUSINS COUSINS COUSINS COUSINS



My family...



Love my sistas!!!



...and my little bro!



The kids got to meet Gretl, Maria and Capt. Von Trapp from The Sound of Music



Maybe next year...St. George and then Africa?!?! HA!

7 comments:

Quelly said...

No Way! That is not Zach. It just cannot be. And Cami? She was supposed to stay 8 years old.
Your dad will always remind me of Dustin Hoffman - what a good looking family!

cami said...

St. George house is the best week of the summer! I always tell people that the kids love having our whole family under one roof for an entire week, but I love it just as much because we have the best family on this planet! How lucky can we get?

Jana said...

Families are the best. I think that looked like a great vacation. You have a cute family. We will just dream of Africa, Thailand, Europe. Maybe someday!!!!

Brooke said...

oh, i LOVE the sound of music. so so so so so much.

and you have such a darling family!

jessica said...

How fun! I love all of the pictures. You guys all look so beautiful, nice and tan. I love St. George!

Jarred D. Nevens said...

And hi to my favorite cousin! Talk about cute famdamilies!!!

Your kids are so cute, and that hubby of yours... That bald head of his gives me goose-pimples!

Seriously, thanks for the kind words. I love 'em tons. It's a good thang my chitlins took after the wiff. Otherwise they wouldn't stand a chance. Wait, 'lil Max is my mini-me. Jarred Jr. Cute little fart!

Your blog is incredible. And your writing... You are one gifted writer. I've enjoyed reading your blog today. And not to sound like a broken record, but your fam is damn cute! Awesome pics!!!

Thanks again for saying hello.

I love you very much!

The Luke Family said...

Awww that looks like you all had so much fun! I personally enjoy hotel Utah more, because then I get to join in on the fun!! :) Love you guys!!